Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Journal Entry #1
Tuesday: I just got home from a long drive from Belfast to Bangor and back again and then to my own home in Monroe. The roads were a mess and there were three accidents that we were aware of, or saw. My head aches from following the flashing orange lights of a plow for half an hour, and I want some supper. So why did I go? To class, what else. Thank gawd it is the only time I HAVE to go up this semester.

Work today was pretty quiet. Many of the children were not in, I think because of transportation and the snow. In the yoga class we paired the children up and did partner poses. It was fun, and it was so neat to see some of the less willing participants actually participate with a peer.

The other day I found a copy of one of my favorite books from my childhood at the local Goodwill. I finished reading it this morning before I went to work. It is the story of Miss Bianca, a mouse, that rescues people. Reading it will the eyes of an adult was rather interesting. There seemed to be a bit of hidden sexual innuendo, and unrequited love. I am not sure that I would choose to read it aloud to a child now, but maybe they wouldn't get it, like I hadn't when I was 10.

I'm tired and I think the supper I have warming up is ready. Hoping for a snow day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who drives out there tonight has my unstinted admiration.

    Many diarists or journal-writers (or at least ones with a figurative gun held to their heads) offer only the vaguest of an outline of a thing, but you avoid that, giving us some of the detail with Miss Bianca, the yoga kids, the drive that makes the writing begin to live on the page.

    ReplyDelete