Wednesday, January 20, 2010

journal entry #2

First thought of the moment, DON'T PUSH ENTER WHEN YOU MEAN TO PUSH TAB! Luckily I could correct that mistake. I read a few of the classmate's journals this morning and can truely relate to the person who remarked about entering the computer age. I feel at a loss most of the time. Not only do I have this course and a blog, I have my first Blackboard class. Last night a classmate and I went to EMCC for our first ECE233 class and I had my first introduction to blackboard. Luckily M. was sitting next to me and helped me navigate the field. I was more confused navigating that then I was navigating the roads during the snow storm. She said I can e-mail her anytime that I need help.

As for last night in the storm. I found out this morning that the car accident that I grumbled about because it created a huge detour to get to Bangor caused the death of one of the people involved. What a selfish bitch I was. Somebody died, two people are in the hospital and who knows about the family and friends that are affected.

I did get that snow day that I wished for, I work at a child-care center and we close when public school closes. So this morning after breakfast and feeding my two remaining chickens,I read, did some writing and went for a snowshoe. It's a beautiful day out there. I worked up a sweat breaking a trail.

I have a constant battle with my 19 year old cat. He doesn't hear anymore, but he always knows when my lap gets horizontal and tries to climb up. I don't mind most of the time, but when the keyboard sits in my lap there isn't enough room. Someday my journal will say: "hfkjwqpofjvb,nvuihf", if it does you'll know it was my cat.

rc

2 comments:

  1. Fox got all three dozen of my chickens a few years ago.

    :(

    And the dog likes to get on my hfkjwqpofjvb,nvuihf too.

    So, I'm with you on everything but the snowshoeing. I'd rather walk over hot coals barefoot....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started out with 2 chickens, one grew to be a rooster and met the ax, then I got 6 more and three of those met the same fate due to their gender. On became a bird of prey's dinner and now I have just the two.
    I'd rather walk on hot coals than ride horses, so I guess we are even.
    And it was my children that drank the goat's milk, not I.....

    ReplyDelete