Monday, January 25, 2010

Journal Entry #6

Monday,
A very long day at work. I was there from 6am to 6pm. My boss was out for a workshop and I filled in extra hours for her. Then the other staff person's daughter got sick and she had to leave. We did manage to find someone to come in and cover for her. The kids --oops, I am always told to say children-- were great today. At one point the entire group was sitting contentedly at the table using that play-dough we used last week. Then they wanted to hear a coffee-can story (instead of reading from a book, we tell the story using little props). So I did two of them. By then the day was half over. Lunch and naps followed, then the after-school children showed up and played board games. It was pretty quiet considering the teacher's weren't the usual ones.
The rain is really pelting against the windows, here. Some branches were down in my driveway and I had to get out and move one of them. It's a miserable night.
I hear my sump-pump running pretty steadily . I should go look and see how much water is in the cellar, but i can almost guess how much by the frequency of cycles of the pump turning on. I would rather be in denial, I think. I will look if it stops!
A call from my son yesterday. Sometimes he barely talks, but he was in a very talkative mood yesterday and we spent about 45 minutes on the phone, until his room-mate yelled that the game was on.
My daughter called today. While I plug away at an associate's degree, she is working on her master's in education. She needed some lesson ideas and some songs for preschoolers so asked me . We sang together and then wrote new words with the information she wanted to teach, which was winter animals.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in denial about water in the cellar, various bits of rot, lack of insulation, leaks, buckling floors, shifting foundations, oh tons of stuff.

    :(

    Feel free to continue journaling and equally free to let it go as far as 162 is concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take you up on the feel free to journal or not. Spent the evening working on the Theme piece and on blackboard. You may see a few journal pieces now and again.

    I thought having a new house would free me from all the trials and tribulations, but no.....it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete