Thursday, January 21, 2010

journal entry #3

Thursday: It actually was rather busy, but pleasant at work today. As I mentioned before, I work in child care. Every day is a new adventure, and you never know what is in store for you, even if you plan something. I got a group of children to help make play-dough, we got covered in flour, which was fun. For a while I tried to keep them from playing with it, but then thought, this is what they need, so.... Later, I got on all fours for a game of crab-soccer. We play two on two in one of the rooms. I have to say, I got a bit competitive.

Then home to feed the cat,fill the wood stove, eat supper, answer the phone and get assignments done. The moon was gorgeous when I pulled in my drive and stopped to get the mail. I contemplated turning the car lights off for the ride down the driveway, but then decided not to. But I did stand outside and lean against the car to look at it and the stars. I feel so small when I am looking at the stars. I find it a great way to slap the ego in the face when it gets too full of itself.

I have a funny incident to relate that happened yesterday afternoon. I was raking snow off the roof, when a small chunk of ice came flying toward my face. It hit me on the cheek, knocked one of the lenses out of my glasses that went sailing into the air (or so I imagined since by then I couldn't see), and landed in the snow! There I was, with only one good eye. I closed the lense-less eye and looked around. There in the new-fallen snow was a cut in the shape and curvature of an eyeglass lens. I took off my gloves and managed to find it, thank goodness. Guess that's it for today.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, what if you hadn't had glasses on? My first pirate student with eyepatch?

    ReplyDelete